RESERVE YOUR LIFESTYLE STRATEGY SESSION WITH ANNIE HERE!
Here's 30 minutes of time with me to help find a way from where you are to where you want to be!
Prepare to get a fresh and encouraging perspective on the world of social media. It is a great tool for keeping in touch with people and current events. But we all know that it can also be a place that can trigger negative emotions, insecurities, and jealousy.
On this week’s show, my guest Dr. Jen Bennett and I talk about the pitfalls of social media and how she personally and purposefully insulates herself from the dangers and traps scattered all throughout this double-edged communication channel.
Here are some of the highlights and key take away’s of the show:
- Learn to insulate yourself from being offended, decide ahead of time to have a tougher skin and not let the opinions of others get to you personally. Most of the time, it’s not about you, it’s about the other person trying to convince you of something they believe.
- Know why you are on social media in the first place
- Resist the temptation to get sucked into conversations or arguments. Other than proving your opinion is right (which literally may or may not be the actual truth) there really isn’t a positive payoff for engaging in heated debates.
- The reality is that social media is a tool, and if you are getting your feelings hurt and questioning who you are, what you are meant to do, then it’s probably time to take a break from being on social media at all.
- If you find that you are constantly going onto social, comparing your life to others and feeling bad about it, it’s probably time to take a break. It’s not adding value to your life, and probably needs to be limited or eliminated. You’ll feel better, it’s a promise.
- The keys to being confident and unaffected by social media are having a strong sense of your own identity so that you are able to be “like teflon” when the negativity and comparison traps show themselves.
- When our identity is clear, we walk that out in all aspects of our lives and are impervious and unshakeable in understanding and confidence of who we really are.
Social media doesn’t have to be a trap or a negative experience if we are deliberate in protecting ourselves by having boundaries, embracing our identity, standing our ground and not compromising our values, while being encouraging, inspiring and uplifting to those who we interact with on all the platforms.
This is how we can insulate ourselves and sow seeds of good into the world to combat all the challenging aspects social media presents in our lives.
This episode will prepare you to be equipped to experience social media in a whole new way, a way that you create intentionally to be for your good.
Resources and Links: